« Home | SQL Server @@Identity » | Best Practices » | Resources to help jump-start your .NET Development » | Agile Programming » | My First Blog Post »

VB MVP Revolt

I can understand why some people are upset about Microsoft's decision to stop supporting VB6 at the end of this month, but in my opinion I would have done the exact same thing. It's not easy to add new OO improvements and remain completely backward compatible. It would take so much longer for new language features to be added to VB6 if complete backward compatibility had to be maintained, and I think MS has given VB6 developers enough advanced notice to prepare for this. Bear in mind that this comment is from someone who'd rather shoot himself in the foot then write VB6 code.

The Blah Blah Blog
Robert Scoble
Dan Appleman
Alex Lowe